What areas of South Florida do you serve?
We serve all of Broward County and select areas of Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County. Particularly, some of the major cities we serve are Aventura, Boca Raton, Brickell, Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Golden Beach, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, Miami Beach, Parkland, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sunny Isles, Sunrise, Tamarac, Weston, Wilton Manors, and all surrounding areas.

Are you licensed and insured?

Do you work with international clients?
Yes. If a language barrier is present, we can provide translation services and we can accommodate communications via email, Skype, WhatsApp, and international phone calls. We can also send and receive funds via wire transfers and ACH.


What type of properties do you manage?
We specialize in managing homeowner and condominium associations, single-family homes, townhouses, condominium units, apartments, and multi-family unit properties.

How much is the property management fee?
We are competitively priced, but the management fee depends on several factors, including management responsibilities; age and condition of the property; rental property price and turnover; and number of units.

Are you willing to work with contractors I prefer?

Yes, we are happy to work with any licensed and insured contractors you have previous working relationships with.

How do you conduct screenings?
We run credit and background checks of those over the age of eighteen. We check criminal history, credit history, past evictions, employment and income, and verify prior addresses.

Is the payment system on the portal secure?
Yes, the portal is password protected and all transactions are encrypted and securely transmitted.

How do I submit a maintenance request?
You may submit a maintenance request online through the portal, or may call, text, email, or fax us. After we receive a maintenance request, we may contact you to get additional information and then we will dispatch our maintenance coordinator or vendor.

Do you have an emergency answering line for property related matters?
Yes, you may call (754) 800-9535, 24 hours a day 365 days a year in case of any emergency.

Do you offer on call concierge property management services?
Yes, we offer a variety of services to owners who do not want to rent their property out, but would like somebody to take care of their property. This is ideal for owners going out of town for an extended period or for vacation properties. We can handle any maintenance issue, including emergencies, as we have a depth chart of licensed and insured vendors, that we have a long working relationship with, for all areas including, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, roofing, pool, landscaping, pest control, home theater and automation, telephone systems, elevators, appliances, gate and garage doors, locksmiths, generators, mobile detailing, painters, pressure cleaners, interior designers, etc. The full list of concierge property management services is listed on the services page.


What do you need to begin managing a homeowner or condominium association?
After the management agreement is executed we will need copies of financial statements and governing documents (i.e. declaration and/or covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs), articles of incorporation, by-laws, and rules and regulations); contact information for board members, unit owners, and tenants; keys/codes to the property/gates; and an approved vendor list, if applicable.

How do you deal with violations?
In accordance with Florida Statutes, an association, if the association’s governing documents permit, may levy fines for the failure of a unit owner, or a unit owner’s tenant, guest, or invitee, to comply with any provision of the association’s governing documents. Similarly, an association may suspend the right of a unit owner, or a unit owner’s tenant, guest, or invitee, to use the common elements, common facilities, or any other association property for failure to comply with any provision of the association’s governing documents. Upon inspection and/or confirmation of a violation, written notice and an opportunity for a hearing will be provided to the unit owner. Failure to timely correct such violation may result in a fine or suspension being imposed.

How do you impose fines for violations?
If the association’s governing documents permit fines upon unit owners, the ledger on the online portal will have the fine posted; however, such fine will not affect any collections regarding assessments.

How do you manage vendors?
In accordance with an association’s governing documents and on behalf of and along with the board of directors, Icon Realty will contact and engage licensed and insured vendors, administer vendor bids, review and negotiate pricing and contract terms, and supervise ongoing projects to ensure quality work is performed and completed in a timely fashion.

How do I request an estoppel and/or questionnaire?
Please email info@iconrealty.com or call (754) 800-9535.

Rental Properties

What do you need to begin managing a rental property?
In order to begin managing a property, we will need several documents, which we will provide to you, be signed (property management agreement, right to lease agreement, direct deposit authorization form, W-9, and the power of attorney form); a copy of any service or maintenance contracts; the contact information for the association or the association’s management company; if the property is tenant occupied, a copy of the lease and the tenant’s contact information; contact information for any preferred vendors and contractors; and keys/codes to the property/gates. Once the documents are executed, we will smoothly transition the property into our management system.

Do I have to pay anything up front?
No. For rental properties, you pay nothing until there is a tenant in the property. Once a tenant moves in and pays rent, we receive our management fee. Thus, we only get paid when you get paid. However, prior to a tenant moving in and paying rent, if the property requires cleaning, repairs, or maintenance, the owner absorbs the costs.

Are there property management fees when the unit is not being rented?
No, management fees are not assessed unless there is a tenant in the property.

Do you maintain a reserve?
Yes, although it depends upon the property and our management responsibilities, we retain at least $500.00, as a reserve, for each property, or individual unit, to cover maintenance and expenses.

How do I receive the rental income?
We typically make disbursements via ACH so the funds are deposited directly into your bank account without you incurring any charges. If you prefer an actual check, we can accommodate that as well.

Will the tenant contact me?
No, we manage all tenant communications.

Are tenants required to maintain renters insurance?
It depends upon the property owner’s preference and the specific language in the lease; however, we encourage, and often require, by way of the lease, tenants to maintain an insurance policy with minimum liability limits. As a convenience, tenants, via their online tenant portals, which all tenants are provided, can obtain a ROOST Renters Insurance policy, offered by Mesa Insurance Solutions, Inc., that automatically includes $100,000.00 of liability to landlord protection.

What happens if a tenant, required to maintain renters insurance, fails to maintain such policy or allows such policy to lapse?
We are enrolled in a program called Legal Liability to Landlord Insurance Program, underwritten by Great American Insurance Group, whereby, in accordance with the lease, if applicable, we have the right, but not the obligation, to purchase, without notice to the tenant, insurance coverage. We seek reimbursement, as a recoverable expense under the lease, from the tenant for all costs and expenses associated with such purchase. The policy pays to the property owner for damage to the property arising from the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, water damage, backup or overflow of sewer, drain or sump, falling objects, riot, or civil commotion. As a condition of coverage, such damage must arise directly from the actions or inactions of the tenant and the tenant must be contractually and legally liable, under the lease, to the landlord for such damages.

Do you handle evictions?
Yes, we can send and post the proper legal notices; however, we coordinate the eviction with an independent licensed Florida attorney.

If a tenant did not have a pet upon move in, may a tenant have a pet now?
First, tenants must contact us regarding their request for a pet. Then we will contact the property owner and submit the tenant’s request. If the owner, and the association, if applicable, permit the pet, a non-refundable pet deposit will be required and a pet addendum must be signed.

Upon move out, what does a tenant need to do?

We advise tenants remove all personal property and clean the property thoroughly including floors, walls, trim, windows, bathrooms, counters, cabinets, and appliances. All carpets should be shampooed and vacuumed. Gutters should be cleaned out. If the tenants are responsible for lawn maintenance, then the grass and hedges need to be trimmed to a reasonable height and all grass beds should be free of weeds. We ask that a licensed contractor, approved by Icon Realty, repair all damages.


As a licensed real estate agent, what is the fee for referring a client for property management services?
Our referral program offers an unparalleled commission to referring real estate agents for each property referred. Please contact us to receive more information about our referral program.

Can a tenant receive a referral fee?
Yes, we will pay a tenant, currently residing in a rental property, managed by Icon Realty, in accordance with Florida law, a maximum finder’s fee of $50.00.


Why should I work with a real estate agent?
Real estate transactions are technical, time consuming, often involve navigating complex legal and financial issues, and have the potential for legal liability. A knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent will guide you through the transaction, limit your liability, and expedite the process. In addition, agents have expertise in the local real estate market, provide access to listings, and can refer quality vendors (lenders, title companies, insurance companies, home inspectors, appraisers, attorneys, accountants, etc.).

Real Estate Agents

What do I need to do to join the Icon Realty team?
If you are a licensed real estate agent in Florida, to join Icon Realty, we will need several documents, which we will provide to you, be signed (independent contractor agreement, change of status form with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, and W-9). Once the documents are executed, we will smoothly transition you into our brokerage.

How long does it take to join the Icon Realty team?
Once the documents are executed, we will provide the information to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation within 24 hours.


What is a closing?
Closing is the event where the title to a property is transferred from the seller to the buyer. A title company will facilitate and prepare the paperwork necessary to finalize the terms provided in the purchase and sale agreement between the buyer and seller.

Are there costs associated with closings?
Closing costs are negotiated and provided for in the purchase and sale contract between the buyer and seller. These costs can include title search charges, association estoppel fees, survey fees, appraisal fees, recording fees, documentary stamp taxes, property taxes, attorney’s fees, loan origination fees, title insurance, private mortgage insurance, homeowner’s insurance premiums, and real estate brokerage commission. Prior to the closing date, it is important to review the final settlement statement, which will be prepared by the title company, to ensure the calculations and fees are correct.

What is title insurance and who pays for it?
Title insurance protects you from claims that you are not the rightful owner of the property. Lenders require borrowers to purchase title insurance. The cost for title insurance can be negotiated in the purchase and sale contract between the buyer and seller; however, it is customarily based upon what county the property is located. In Miami-Dade County and Broward County, the buyer normally pays for title insurance. In other counties, like Palm Beach County, the seller normally pays for title insurance.

Do I need to attend the closing?
No. The documents you need to sign can be provided to you in advance. The buyer will send the funds to the title company prior to the closing. Following the closing, the title company will send the net proceeds from the sale to the seller.